Community Driving School (CDS) provides the 8 hour Virginia Driver Manual Course. This course familiarizes testing candidates with the Virginia Driver Manual. This class is designed for those who failed the DMV Knowledge test three times and re-establishes eligibility to retake the test. This class is available to all ages.
To be admitted to the Driver Manual class, teens 17 and younger must provide a certificate of completion showing that they have previously succesfully completed the 30 hr / 36 period Driver Education classroom course. • In public schools this is referred to as the Certificate of Completion - Classroom Driver Education, DEC-1 "green card" • In commercial driving school this is referred to as the Virginia Driver Training Certificate of Classroom Completion DTS 36, • On-line Driver's Education providers, approved by the Virginia DMV, issue their own certificate that must be presented for admission to the Driver Manual course.
DMV Knowledge Test Prep Class
Don't fail the DMV Knowledge a third time! Community Driving School (CDS) has a class designed to lead students through the Virginia Driver Manual and prepare them to pass the DMV Knowledge test. This class is open to those who have failed the knowledge test once or twice and has no prerequisite requirements.
Important Note: The Test Prep Class does not re-establish testing eligibility and is not intended for people who have already failed the Two-Part DMV Knowledge Test 3 times.
All Students must wear a facemask during classroom instruction and be in good health.
Corona Virus Screening Questions
Applies to all Driver Manual Classes
Given the heightened state of concern for transmission of the Corona Virus and the risks of close proximity between students and instructors, we have developed a screening questionnaire to assess risk. Your cooperation is needed to avoid manage risk. If you cannot answer these questions or provide answers that indicate high risk levels, we will deny service.
1. Are you and members of your household feeling well?
2. Have you developed a fever, cough, breathing difficulty, or muscle aches in the past 2 weeks?
3. Have you or a family member visited a healthcare facility or nursing home in the past 2 weeks?
4. Have you been near a person who has a confirmed case of Corona virus infection?
5. Are there any healthcare workers living in your household?
6. Have any friends or family in your immediate orbit put themselves in voluntary or involuntary isolation/quarantine?
7. Did you have contact with anyone who has been out of the country and returned to the US in the past 2 weeks?
8. Are you currently following CDC recommendations to avoid exposure to groups of 50 or more people?
9. Are you taking reasonable precautions to reduce virus transmission? Frequent handwashing, use of hand sanitizer, covering for coughing/sneezing, social distancing, avoiding face touches, handshakes, and hugs, disinfecting frequently touched surfaces?
Driver Manual Class Calendar
Check our Driver Manual Course Calendar below, pick your class location & date. For convenience, you may register now and make your payment on-line with a debit or credit card.Important: All 17year olds and younger must bring a Drivers Ed classroom completion certificate to take this class.
COVID-19 guidelines for social distancing is limiting class size. Please be prepared to register early to gain admission to this class. All students must wear a facemask and be in good health.